We all love dessert, right? I mean, who doesn’t love to indulge in some sweet delicious goodness once in a while!
But let’s talk real for a second. We all have fitness goals as well, which definitely creates a dilemma. They say that nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.
But you know what? Sometimes ice cream does! Am I right?
And that’s totally okay! While your favorite desserts don’t always fit with your nutritional goals, cheating every once in a while is fine. It’s all about balance.
But with healthier dessert options (like sugar-free), you can have the great taste of cheating and still reach your fitness goals!
To give you some healthier dessert alternative ideas, I came through with a few of my favorite sugar-free dessert recipes you’re going to love!
My ultimate 5 sugar-free desserts!
1. Key Lime Pie Bars
Serves 12. Serving size: 1 key lime triangle
Calories per serving: 117/ Protein 4g / Carbs 13g / Fat 6g
12 Medjool dates pitted
1/2 c whole almonds
1/2 c whole cashews
1 scoop French Vanilla IdeaLean
1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 tbsp. lime zest
1 1/2 tbsp. fresh key lime juice
1. Soak the dates in water for about 5 minutes to help soften the dates.
2. Drain the water and add dates to a food processor or high powered blender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. Process until mixture is crumbly yet still holds together well when pinched between your fingers.
4. Press mixture onto parchment paper forming a square about 9 x 9 inches. Place bars in the fridge to chill if they seem sticky.
5. Cut into 12 triangle bars. Enjoy this sugar-free dessert immediately or wrap in parchment paper and store in a sealable container!
2. Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
Serves 1. Calories per serving: 215 / Protein 22g / Carbs 34g / Fat 1g
1 medium banana, frozen
1/2 c frozen strawberries
1 scoop IdealLean Strawberries and Cream Protein
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy this sugar-free dessert alternative to appease your ice cream cravings!
3. German Chocolate Rice Cake (almost sugar-free)
Serves 1. Serving Size: 1 rice cake w/ topping.
Calories per serving: 244 / Protein 22g / Carbs 15g / Fat 12g
1. Combine the protein, water, coconut flakes, and pecans. Mix well, and carefully add a little bit more water if it needs it.
2. Smear this sugar-free spread on top of a caramel corn rice cake and enjoy your dessert!
4. Watermelon BCAAs
Serves 4. Serving size: 1 cup watermelon
Calories per serving: 46/ Protein 1g / Carbs 12g / Fat 0g
4 c seedless watermelon, cut into bite-sized chunks
1/2 scoop BCAA’s (any flavor, I like pomegranate & raspberry lemonade)
Place cut up watermelon into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle with BCAAs and enjoy an added sugar-free sweetness that is surprisingly complimentary to a refreshing bowl of watermelon!
5. Cheesecake Dip Fruit Dip
Serves 1. Serving size: 1/2 cup. Calories per serving: 201/ Protein 23g / Carbs 26g / Fat 0g
1/2 c non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 scoop French vanilla IdealLean
2 tbsp. sugar-free cheesecake instant pudding powder
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix until smooth. Enjoy this dessert right away with fruit, or chill until ready to use. Dip with assorted fruit kabobs!
The post Top 5 Sugar-Free Desserts You’re Going to Love appeared first on Nutrition and Fitness Articles From Our Experts | IdealFit.
Original source: http://www.idealfit.com/blog/top-5-sugar-free-desserts/